16 Fast Facts on Generation Z: By The Numbers click this site.
1. Consumers 19 and younger prefer social networks like Snapchat, Secret, and Whisper, and a quarter of 13- to 17-year-olds have left Facebook this year.
2. By 2020 Generation Z will account for 40% of all consumers.
3. Gen Z are adept researchers. They know how to self-educate and find information. Thirty-three percent watch lessons online, 20% read textbooks on tablets, and 32% work with classmates online.
4. More than a quarter of America’s population currently belongs to Gen Z, and with each birth (361,00 babies born in the U.S. every day) the segment is growing.
5. Gen Z receives $16.90 per week in allowance, which translates to $44 billion a year.
6. Whereas Millennials use three screens on average, Gen Zers use five: a smartphone, TV, laptop, desktop, and iPod/iPad.
7. The average Gen Zer has the attention span of about eight seconds. They have grown up at a time when they’re being served media and messaging from all angles, and have adapted to quickly sorting through and assessing enormous amounts of information.
8. Gen Z shares the entrepreneurial spirit of Millennial innovators: About 72% of current high-schoolers want to own their own businesses, and 76% hope they can turn their hobbies into full-time jobs.
9. Gen Zers are do-gooders; they want to make a differnce in the world. Sixty percent want their jobs to impact the world, 26% of 16- to 19-year-olds currently volunteer, and 76% are concerned about humanity’s impact on the planet.
10. Fifty-eight percent of Gen Zs are either somewhat or very worried about the future.
11. Gen Zers influence $600 billion of family spending.
12. Seventy-nine percent of Generation Z consumers display symptoms of emotional distress when kept away from their personal electronic devices.
13. Fifty-five percent of those 18 years of age and younger would rather buy clothes online, and 53% would rather buy books and electronics online.
14. Forty-two percent of Gen Zers follow their parents influence, compared to just 36% of Millennials.
15. Generation Z consumers spend 7.6 hours per day on average socialising with friends and family.
Read more at: http://scl.io/la6odnt8#gs.VSVZ=9Q